Partnering with Parents
Partnering with Parents and helping them to become the spiritual leaders in their children's lives.
Formerly our Faith Steps Program, we now seek to partner with parents and families holistically by offering year round family faith support targeted at the whole family including an annual Family Faith Celebration Dinner in the Fall. We desire to give parents/caregivers the tools and encouragement that they need in order to be the "faith teachers" of the children in their lives. We offer a variety of resources for parents including our monthly newsletters and recommended readings as well as Family Faith Activities that can be taken home and worked on as a family. We also encourage the participation of children kindergarten and older in the first part of worship services with their parents to help grow strong bonds with the congregation as they grow up and help their parents to help them become integrated into lives of faith spiritual practices.
- The Legacy Path: Discover Intentional Spiritual Parenting by Brian Haynes
- Sticky Faith: Everyday Ideas to Build Lasting Faith In Your Kids by Dr. Kara E. Powell& Dr. Chap Clark
- Parenting Is Heart Work by Dr. Scott Turansky and Joanne Miller
- Shaping Your Family's Faith: One Family's Story of Growing Strong Together by Jack and Dona Eggar
- Spiritual Parenting: An Awakening for Today's Families by Michelle Anthony
*Most books available through a local Christian bookstore or your favorite online seller*